Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One day before I go!





























So here I am, sitting in my old bedroom in Tehama. It feels so strange to be here right before my trip, it's sort of deja vou of two years ago when I went to Japan for the first time.

The only difference is instead of a chaotic trip with 10 people that surprisingly didn't kill themselves after spending a lot of time together in close quarters after a month abroad, this time I will be all on my own. Don't get me wrong, that last trip was amazing, and one of the best most memorable experiences of my life, but I think this one will be even better! It's really enthralling to think about. I'm quite excited for all the indepence, freedom, and openness to possibility that this trip will bring. Yet, at the same time, being home like this is kind of eerie. I'm kind of glad I came home first though because I really enjoy Davis, but since I'm already here it's much easier to go. However, there are definitely some people in Chico I wish I could spend more time with, but being isolated in Tehama is not quite the same thing as being in Chico. I love my parents, but I've reached a point where I can't live with them anymore, and they can't really live with me either.

Being here definitely brings a lot of memories back though. I'm going to definitely miss some people in the US, but I'm really glad to be seeing old friends and seeing off newer friends one last time for perhaps a while. This will definitely be a trip and experience to remember.

I pretty much have everything in Japan figured out now, except I have like 3 days that I can kind of change around if I like...I think I might use them to go to Osaka or Mt Fuji, but I might just go to Fuji when I'm in Yokohama.

This is my itenary so far:
-June 25-July 2: Tokyo (Yuuki's apt)
-July 2-5: Kyto (Asami's apt)
-July 5-9: Okayama (Eri's house) (going to Himeji in there)
-July 9-11: ???? Yokohama/Fuji? Osaka/Koyasan? and maybe leaving late at night to Sapporo
-July 11-14: Sapporo (visiting Kouki & staying in a hostel)
-July 15: JR PASS EXPIRES! :( (I'm going to try and be in Yokohama by night, but I'll probably be riding back from Sapporo half of that day)
-July 16-22: Yokohama (Sanae's house)

KOREA:
July 22-Aug 2:

I basically have no clue what I'm doing...I have some ideas, but I don't know when yet. I just know that I'm staying with my best friend Jung-eun.

Stay posted, and I'll write & post pictures as my trip progresses!




No comments:

Post a Comment